The TotsBots EasyFit is an All-in-One (AIO) nappy. In an AIO nappy, the absorbent part of the nappy is built into the wrap. These nappies are generally really easy to use, and therefore are often a good choice for nursery, or when someone else is looking after baby.
There are a few different versions of this nappy, the latest version is called the EasyFit Star.
Make sure the fold out core is folded inside before you fit the nappy (see photo above).
The back of the nappy should sit at the top of baby’s hips/pelvis and shouldn’t cover the bellybutton at the front. You can adjust the rise with the poppers at the front.
Make sure the nappy is tucked into the knicker line and is nice and smooth at the front.
This nappy is birth-to-potty and fits 8-35lb, it is also available in a Teenyfit for premature or small babies from 5-12lb.
What’s it like?
- Really easy to use – quick and easy changes, no clipping together for standard use
- Relatively slimline and the rise can be easily adjusted using the poppers on the front of the nappy
- For heavy wetters you can attach a TotsBots booster which clips into the fold out core
- TotsBots use recycled bottles to make the waterproof parts of their nappies
- Not an effective night time nappy
- I have had the odd compression leak with this nappy when Gilbert has been in car seat
I really like this nappy, we have a few in our stash that we use during the day, especially when family members are looking after Gilbert. Clothes fit well over it so I don’t have to worry about “cut for cloth” clothing.
Although it is worth noting that we didn’t get on with this nappy really well until Gilbert was at least 6 months old, I’m guessing it was to do with the fit when he was really small (he was 6lb at his smallest and has always been a relatively small baby).
Caring for your TotsBots EasyFit
The EasyFit is really easy to care for, once used simply fold the ‘laundry tabs’ so that the velcro doesn’t catch in the wash, and pull out the fold out core. Then it can be washed as a part of your normal nappy wash routine.
Please note that because this nappy is an AIO the waterproof wrap is built in and therefore the nappy should not be tumble dried as it can damage the waterproofing.
What do you think about the TotsBots EasyFit? Let me know in the comments.